Car Free Lifestyle
Beaver Fever
2024-01-29 06:40:49 UTC
x-no-archive: yes
Routine trips
to work and to the market are inefficient via car. > Charles
OK Charles, you try carrying 5 or 6 full bags of groceries on the bus and
then tell me that a car is enifficent for going to the market. The ONE
thing we want a car for is so that we can go to the grocery store and not
have to worry about carrying a ton of groceries home. Of course we live in a
pretty small town and the bus system is truly horrid here. One hour service
on the weekdays, 2 hours service on Saturdays and NO service on Sundays. We
can't wait to get a car!
Mary
In the end this is the only downside about never driving and also being tethered to crowded and now expensive metro areas.
HarryStiles

When were metro areas cheap?
Beaver Fever
2024-02-03 05:14:41 UTC
Post by HarryStiles
Post by Beaver Fever
x-no-archive: yes
Routine trips
to work and to the market are inefficient via car. > Charles
OK Charles, you try carrying 5 or 6 full bags of groceries on the bus and
then tell me that a car is enifficent for going to the market. The ONE
thing we want a car for is so that we can go to the grocery store and not
have to worry about carrying a ton of groceries home. Of course we live in a
pretty small town and the bus system is truly horrid here. One hour service
on the weekdays, 2 hours service on Saturdays and NO service on Sundays. We
can't wait to get a car!
Mary
In the end this is the only downside about never driving and also being tethered to crowded and now expensive metro areas.
Now expensive?
When were metro areas cheap?
In 1997 I was making $6 an hour and got my first apartment for $375 a month - in Glendale, California. That's when LA proper was considered bad so if you wanted to live close you opted for Glendale, Burbank, Pasadena, etc.