Awful charge from a Handyman
anthona
2023-10-31 13:03:16 UTC
I am a senior male and have a problem with my wall programable thermostat. In the past i was always able to handle what problem came up, but as I age, my eyesight has diminshed to the point I could not do what i had been able to do then, so i had to call for Help. I know if my 20-20 was still intact, I could correct the recent problem in about 10 minutes. I joined one of those Home advisers sites where they offer even a Handyman. I got a qoute of $475 just to reinstall my thermostat on the existing wall wiring, for a thermostat that I paid $55 when new. What is going on here???
c***@invalid.com
2023-11-01 05:24:00 UTC
I am a senior male and have a problem with my wall
programable thermostat. In the past i was always able to
handle what problem came up, but as I age, my eyesight has
diminshed to the point I could not do what i had been able to
do then, so i had to call for Help. I know if my 20-20 was
still intact, I could correct the recent problem in about 10
minutes. I joined one of those Home advisers sites where they
offer even a Handyman. I got a qoute of $475 just to reinstall
my thermostat on the existing wall wiring, for a thermostat
that I paid $55 when new. What is going on here???
The exact same thing happened to me. I live in NW Indiana and found
that just about ALL heating and ac repairmen are CROOKS.

The last heating and ac bum basically stole $300 from us.

We have a dependable general repair guy who repairs almost anything
except for such things as electrical,, heating, etc. He doesn't touch
stuff that takes that kind of experience and licensing.

Luckily for us we have him around. The estimates we got from other
home repair "professionals" for repairs were outrageous. Our guy did
one job for about a quarter of the money.

If you are elderly and poor these days, lots of luck being able to
afford any of what used to be affordable repairs to a home.